We have reviewed the best water filter pitcher for lead removal. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5.
Tap water may contain impurities that are invisible to the naked eye. Among all water pollutants, lead could have the most damaging effect on you.
You may be aware of how harmful lead can be, but let us give you a quick recap – lead exposure can cause anemia, weakness, kidney, and brain damage!
If you have an expectant mother at home, lead can damage the nervous system of their unborn child as well. Lead exposure is known to have caused miscarriage, infertility, and stillbirths 
Now that we have you perfectly horrified let’s get you back to safety with the best water filter pitcher for lead removal.
Our Top Choice – PUR PPT111W Water Filter Pitcher
The PUR PPT111W Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher, 11 Cup, White is our top choice for “best water filter pitchers for lead removal” due to the following given features:
- This pitcher model has a CleanSensor monitor for indicating the level of impurities in your water built into the pitcher
- It can hold upto 11 cups of water at a time
- It is WQA certified filter for lead reduction
- It has a Lock fit cap for securely fastening the filter into the pitcher
- There are activated carbon and ion exchange media which removes lead
- The filter also has advanced Pleated paper for removing lead particulates
Best Water Filter Pitcher For Lead Removal
#1 Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher
This jug-like filter pitcher is a perfect way to make the water you drink purely from all the harmful impurities, especially lead. With a 10 x 6 x 10 inch size, this pitcher is perfect for your home as well as office use.
The weight of the pitcher is 2 lbs. This 6 mm solid carbon block water purifier with filter meets all the NSF and ANSI Standards 42, 53, 401, and P473. Recently, it has also been tested for the removal of Haloacetic acids.
This smart filter pitcher keeps the essential minerals in the water itself and only removes the harmful contaminants that other filters usually miss. It removes more than 200+ contaminants from the water.
With a water capacity of 150 gallons, you also get water that is BPA free and 99.99 % bacteria-free. The jar of the pitcher is made with food-grade material that is safe for you and your loved ones. Epic pure has a space-saving design to make the pitcher fit in the refrigerator easily.
Here we have a Youtube video that features Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher.
- It has a built-in water reservoir to keep the impure water separately in the jar.
- The easy flip-top spout makes it convenient to pour water from the pitcher.
- The 6mm solid carbon filter removes 99.99% of contaminated water.
- Removes more than 200+ impurities from the water and makes it pure and safe to drink.
- It also has an inbuilt filter life countdown timer.
- Tritan plastic construction makes the jar 100% BPA FREE.
- Smart space-saving design makes it perfect for storing in the fridge.
- The capacity of 150 gallons.
- A transparent jar with a white color carbon filter makes the filter look great.
- The countdown timer does not work properly.
- All those who require speed for them, the filter is really slow.
#2 PUR PPT111W Water Filter Pitcher
One of the best lead removal water filter pitchers out there, this pitcher has a CleanSensor monitor, which indicates the cleanliness level of water inside the pitcher for your benefit.
The pitcher’s filtration system is WQA certified for lead removal and other impurities as well. It has an easy-fill lid and a no-drip spout for your convenience.
The filtration system has a lock fit cap, which securely fastens the filter to the pitcher. There is a granulated activated carbon and ion exchange media in the filter, which helps remove contaminants like pesticides and heavy metals like lead.
Advanced pleated paper at the mouth of the filter reduces lead particulates & microbial cysts. The pitcher can carry upto 11 cups of water at a time
- CleanSensor monitor for indicating the level of impurities in your water
- Holds 11 cups of water at a time
- Easy fill lid and no-drip spout
- WQA certified filter for lead reduction
- Lock fit cap for securely fastening the filter into the pitcher
- Activated carbon and ion exchange media which removes lead
- Pleated paper for removing lead particulates
- Three times better purification as compared to other filters.
- It has a slow filtration process.
- It is more expensive than other filters.
#3 LEVOIT Water Filter Pitcher
With an effective five-layer filtration process, this filter is a must-have as it is small and portable. Take it anywhere to the office or use it in the home.
The upper layer is the micro net that traps small particles and organic matter in the water. There are two layers of activated carbon that improves the taste of water.
A layer of ion exchange resin helps to reduce heavy metals and keeps essential minerals that are useful for the human body. There is a final or the fifth layer that filters any particle that is left by the other four layers.
There is an inbuilt timer that helps to tell the percentage of the days remaining to change the filter cartridge. Using the timer is very easy.
Just press it and hold for 3 seconds to start the timer. To reset the timer, hold it for another 8 seconds.
The flip-top and a spout make it easy to fill and pour the water. It also keeps the water safe from dust. It is BPA free and certified by the FDA.
- This trustworthy water pitcher with filter is tested by the FDA, RoHS, and LFGB.
- With an inbuilt timer that reminds you when to change the cartridge.
- The five-layer filtration process makes the water pure and safe.
- The flip-top cover protects the water from dust and bacteria.
- The spout on the flip-top cover makes it convenient to pour water.
- A small portable device that is easy to use in the fridge.
- The capacity of 10 cups of water that is easy to fill.
- The filter has a capacity to purify 40 gallons of water.
- Some people find that the water tastes bad.
- The electronic indicator does not work up to the mark
#4 Invigorated Water Alkaline Pitcher
This versatile water purifier looks like a steel jug and is perfect for parties and regular use due to its extraordinary design. This stainless steel water pitcher has a nice wooden handle that makes the jar even more attractive.
It comes with a “pH on the go” alkaline water filter that comes in a pouch that looks like a large tea bag. This filter can remove harmful heavy metals, including lead, fluoride, chloride, and also improves the pH of the water.
This makes the water highly pure. This on the go purifier can filter 400 liters of water that offers great value for the money you invest.
- The filter uses ion-based filtration to remove heavy metals and ions.
- The filter not only increases the ph and ORP value of the water but also improves its taste and smell.
- pH vitality offers a modern design with effective utility.
- Food grade ultra-strong stainless steel makes the purifier strong and durable.
- It has a large filter capacity of filtering 400 liters of water.
- Stainless steel material makes it difficult to see the amount of water left in the purifier. (you need to check it constantly).
- Many will not like the changed taste of water.
#5 Zero Water Glass Dispenser
This is a 40 cup non plastic water pitcher that purifies water and is a great add\-on to your kitchen or office desk. It has no-drip spigot, a ready-pour filter, and a five-stage filtration process.
Instead of carbon filters, this filter uses Ion exchange technology to reduce the contamination in the water, making it as pure as natural water. Its five-stage water filtration process is NSF certified and reduces lead and heavy metals that make the water harmful.
It cleans the water up to 99.6% (that is two times) more than other water filters. You pay less and get more from this purifier as it is portable and on the go.
The pitcher also removes chromium and other solids from the water. To check the water quality, you also get a quality checking meter built into the purifier.
- It has a 5 stage purifying filter.
- Its filter is NSF certified for removal of lead, chromium, and other heavy metals.
- It can hold water upto 40 cups.
- A quality checking meter is in-built in the pitcher.
- The glass tank helps to see the water left in the tank.
- The stainless steel lid and base make the purifier look classy and durable.
- The silver finish from the spigot comes out with regular use, as per some users
- One of the users mentioned that there was poor quality control in the construction of the pitcher.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Water Filter Pitcher For Lead Removal
Though many claims that they are the best lead removal water filter pitcher, you need to be sure that you are not fooled with a second-grade product. Here is a buyers’ guide that will help you determine that you get the best bargain.
Activated Carbon Filter
Carbon filters are specially formulated to remove lead. The filters with carbon cartridges are densely packed with PAC and GAC, which eliminates lead and other contamination from the water molecules. The lead pollutants pass through the pores of the carbon block to provide you the purest form of water.
NSF Certified Water Filter Pitchers
Before buying a water filter pitcher, it would be a good idea to check if the product is NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approved. The best water filter pitchers receive a certificate from NSF only if they bring down 15ppb (lead content) in water to 10 ppb.
Water Quality Meter
Technology has prevailed in improving the quality of water filter pitchers to remove lead. Buyers should avail water filter pitchers that include free water quality meters. Such a meter helps the consumer in determining the total dissolved solids. You can see the quality of the water you are drinking with your own eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do water filter pitchers for lead removal have the edge over other types of water filters?
Ans. By far, pitchers are the handiest and most affordable self-filtering system on your dinner table. They not only save time but also provide ready filtered water within your reach. They can effortlessly slip into your refrigerator as well.
Q2.Do all water filter pitchers remove lead?
Ans. No. Reverse Osmosis filtration systems can remove 94% of lead from contaminated water. RO treated water still contains some percentage of impurities. Thus, you need an activated carbon water filter pitcher to make your water cleaner, safer, and drinkable.
Q3. Why should I go for lead removal filter pitchers instead of tap water filters?
Ans. Lead particles reach your drinking water through the lead pipeline supply system. Idle taps are a significant source of lead content.
The water stored in the pipeline accumulates a higher-degree of lead than the flushed out water kept in the filter pitcher. Since the filter cartridge continues to clean the water for a longer duration in the pitcher, you are better off with a water filter pitcher than a filter at the faucet.
Q4.How will I know which water filter pitcher is the best for my family?
Ans. You can ensure that you and your family are drinking safe and clean water if you have the best water filter pitcher that is effective in removing lead and other impurities.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved water filter pitcher is a sign of surety. Moreover, filter pitchers that undergo testing at NSF and other laboratories are your best bet.
Due to rising pollution, many harmful elements have made their way into our water supplies as well. Lead is one such harmful element whose presence in our water can cause so much damage to us.
However, with the help of these water filter pitchers for lead removal, you can rest assured that you and your family are protected from lead impurities in your water supply.
In this article, we have selected the best water filter pitchers based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the PUR PPT111W Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher, 11 Cup, White is the best choice among the various options that we have considered, as it is WQA certified for lead removal, can remove both lead impurities and particulate lead matter, and has a CleanSensor built into the pitcher lid for giving you an indication of the water quality.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Epic Pure Water Filter Pitchers for Drinking Water, 10 Cup 150 Gallon Long Last Filter, Tritan BPA Free, Removes Fluoride, Chlorine, Lead, PFAS, PFOA, that can easily adjust in your budget.